FAQ – Frequently asked questions:
- What are the hardware requirements for RTH?
RTH does not need any high performance hardware – any desktop PC where you can run a LAMP installation will be sufficient.
- What are the software requirements for RTH?
Please have a look at our certified environment page
- I want to install RTH on a Microsoft Windows environment – is that supported?
RTH is developed and tested on Linux – however it may work in your environment.
- Where can I find the RTH documentation?
All documentation can be found in “docs” sub-folder of RTH.
- What are the differences between the 3 user roles in RTH?
Please have a look at the user roles overview.
- I’m trying to import test steps from an Excel file but I’m getting an error “The filename /tmp/file is not readable”.
Most likely this is because of an incompatibility with the Excel version – you have to save your test steps file as “Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls)” and NOT as “Microsoft Excel 4.0 Worksheet (*.xls)“
- I would like to integrate RTH with “software x” – how can I do that?
RTH provides an API for connections to other software – please have a look at the source code for further details.
- Feature “x” is not working as expected – what should I do?
Please open a ticket on our SourceForge tracker – I will take a look at it as soon as possible.
- How do I copy test sets?
navigate to the destination test set (or create a new one) – click on “copy” link – navigate to source test set – mark test cases – click “copy”
- Can I try RTH without installing it?
Sure – just have a look at our demo installation.
- Is there a project roadmap available?
I’m sorry but “no”.
- I would like to contribute to RTH – how can I help?
Any help is very much appreciated – please contact me via email “andreas<underscore>rth<at>24speed<dot>at”.
- What is “RTH-Turbo”
RTH Turbo has the same code base as RTH 1.6.1 and is developed by an other developer – for questions or comments regarding “RTH-Turbo” please have a look at the project page.