Bug with filenames containing special characters

by

Yesterday we found a bug which can be very annoying if you used files with special characters (like “&”) in the name as supporting docs. You can upload such files as supporting docs but the download fails since the file cannot be found for download. The Problem is that the “&” in our case corrupts the download URL and the download fails (nevertheless the file is uploaded successfully and not corrupted).

Workaround is to use no files with names containing special characters. Files which were already uploaded can be found in the file system and have to be downloaded manually.

The fix we will implement will prevent uploading of files with names containing other characters than numbers and letters.

Update 20.3.2009: We did a code review in the meantime and we will fix the download link by escaping the filename.

Another update 23.3.2009: The problem was fixed in the meantime by using function urlencode() – it will be part of the next release.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: